By adding the Google Analytics tracking service to your website, you can get a precise data picture about who visits your site, where they were before coming to your site, and how they navigate around the site.
Note: You must set up a Google Analytics account before starting the steps below.
- Log in to your Bytique account and open your website. (Need help opening your website?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site.
- Click the Site Settings panel.
- Click Google Analytics.
- If you don't have an account, you will need to create one.
If you already have a Google Anayltics account, all you need is the Tracking ID number.
On the Google web page that opens, click Sign In > Analytics, and enter your password.
- On Google's Analytics home page, click Admin (the gear icon) at the bottom left.
- Select your site in the Account and Property columns and click Tracking Code in the Property column.
- Copy the Tracking ID that appears.
Switch back to your Google Analytics panel, and paste the code into the Tracking ID field.
- Close the Google Analytics panel by clicking the
- Your changes are saved automatically so click Publish Site or Publish.
- Wait 24 hours for the data to be gathered, sign in to your Google Analytics account, and dig into the statistics and graphics for your site's Web traffic. Data will only be available from the date the Tracking Code was added to your website.