Note: Embedding code can affect how your entire site functions, so use this only if you're comfortable hand coding. It's definitely not for beginners.
- Log in to your Bytique account and begin or open your website. (Need help opening your website?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site.
- Scroll in the main view of your site to where you want to add a section, and click the plus button.
- Scroll to bottom of the Add Section panel, click Show More and click the HTML pane.
- Click a layout in the HTML panel and you'll see a Section Added confirmation.
- Click the HTML panel to begin customizing its settings, starting with the Section Title field.
You may see a Disclaimer that this activity is for advanced users and may fall outside the realm of Bytique support. Bytique offers limited support for advanced activities. However, this is rarely a problem and the supplier of the HTML snippet can also support you. Usually, this is just Copy and Paste.
- Copy and paste or enter the code you want to use in the Custom Code field. The Title field is optional. In the example, we've added an example iframe widget for YouTube.
- You can leave the Forced Height field blank or adjust the pixel height to larger or smaller. (Smaller will create a scrollable box for the item.)
TripAdvisor is one common source of HTML iframe code. If you have a TripAdvisor account, or you want to claim your business there, go to https://www.tripadvisor.com/Widgets.
- When you're finished, click the or Done at the top of the HTML panel and your main window displays the results.
- Click Preview to see the results, and when you're ready click Publish Site or Publish.
Note: If you change your mind later on, re-open the HTML panel and click Remove Section at the bottom.